Friday, October 4, 2013

The Results Are In!

Fellow bloggers,
      
       Thank you to all who helped by taking my survey! I am proud to say that I have a 100% completion rate for all those you took my survery, so no one dropped out once they started it! By the responses I received I believe I have found a small connection between social media sites and how they affect people's crying patterns. The majority of the people who took my survey were female and younger than 20. Almost half of them spend more than 5 hours on social media sites during the span of a week, yet most of those who participated said that they rarely cried. What was interesting was the differnece in the gender ratio. I'm not sure if the male gender just simply didn't feel like taking my survey, or if they didn't take it because crying is a sensitive subject for men. It's still sad how much crying is repressed by social aspects of society; it's been repressed way before media sites were ever created, but even more so that they are available. I also saw in the results for my survey that there was a variety of thoughts about if social media sights influence how much someone cries, but over half said that something on a media site made them cry. The mixture of thoughts on the influence social media sites have towards crying made it seem as though the participants in the survey were not entirely sure on what to think and I believe that more research should be done to see if media sites do affect crying or not. 

       If you want to look at the results to this survey more closely I have posted a visual summary in the link below, so feel free to look at that and if you have any questions please let me know.

http://questionpro.com/s/1-2354975-3653147

Yours truly,

Ann Stang

No comments:

Post a Comment